Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Here's what we're looking for
We are looking for a Product Owner with expertise in cloud software and mobile app development able to manage product development roadmap, gather business requirements, understand customer needs and transform them into user stories to be built by the development team. This person needs to be able to inspire and lead the team to deliver value for the user and the business, collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization and be accountable for the product or feature delivery
Your upcoming mission
- Understands the product outcome and benefits to customers, to the market, to the business. Also the agile development processes and organization way of working.
- Gather functional requirements and conceptualize features that meet customer needs. Ensure non-functional requirements are taken into consideration as well.
- Leads the product definition in collaboration with the scrum master and development team (UI/UX team, architecture, engineering, business analyst…) including other relevant inputs that may affect the scope of the product (medical affairs, data security, data privacy and legal).
- Owns and facilitates features and user story refinement and planning sessions.
- Manages the team product backlog and prioritization of user stories, ensuring the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all.
- Ensure the team is focused on developing the deliverables that provide the optimum value for the user and the business.
- Approves product increments on sprint reviews, and acceptance of final iteration plan.
- Accountable for the definition of done as well as the acceptance.
- Leads the product development team(s) and monitors implementation.
- Responsible for the team vision, product roadmap and release plan, in close collaboration with other relevant teams and the Agile Release Train.
- Coordinates dependencies between teams and other product owners, external partners, and shared service interfaces both inside and outside of R&D
- Accountable for the delivery of the product and features according to release plan
- Communication and conflict management directly with stakeholders.
- Adhere to best practices and company procedures and ensure they are followed by teams
- +5 years of experience in product management or product owner role
- +5 years of experience working with software development of complex cloud based applications and mobile applications.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to gather business requirements, understand customer needs and transform into feature or solution that meet needs of user
- Experience managing product roadmap strategies, backlog requirements and priorities
- Technical background to be able to successfully interact with the development teams, understand trade-offs and exercise independent judgment and decision-making responsibilities
- Expertise in Jira and Confluence.
- Successfully demonstrated delivery across full product lifecycle, from MVP to marketable products in iterations, including support transition
- Experience in working with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), creation of user stories, lead its refinement, and other relevant activities related to the role.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate about software features, solutions, ideas to teams and customers.
- Ability to work effectively in big team setup, remote peers setting and 3rd parties.
- Good communication skills and excellent team collaboration
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great features.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience in the healthcare sector is a plus.
- MS or BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Who we are and what we care about:
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments.
Interested? Great. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.