For more than 40 years, Roche Diabetes Care (RDC) has been dedicated to enabling people with diabetes to live life as normal and active as possible and to help healthcare professionals make the most informed decisions with patients. We are now looking for someone to help us continue to serve our purpose to create novel, patient-centric solutions which provide true relief for people with diabetes and support the needs of caregivers, healthcare professionals (HCP) and payers.
The Strategy & Customer Solutions (SCS) team within RDC is responsible for the development and evolution of the overall Business Unit Strategy, the identification of growth opportunities and the initiation and oversight of new solution development, the management of the existing product portfolio and the provision of global marketing services to regions and affiliates. The Professional & Non-Insulin Therapy Solutions Franchise is focused on identifying growth opportunities and initiating and leading new solutions development based on customer insights and market needs for people with diabetes, HCPs and payers. The team is responsible for the development and execution of the Franchise Strategy in the assigned area within the overall Roche Diabetes Care Business Unit Strategy. In addition, the Franchise is responsible for the effective development and launch of all Digital Solutions within RDC’s portfolio.
As Franchise Lead, you will drive the franchise strategy and development of innovative digital products as well as manage the performance and P&L of the digital business. This role will be primarily responsible for leading a team of International Business Leaders focused on bringing a suite of digital solutions to market by leveraging agile ways of working (SAFe) and driving customer-centered design thinking. Additionally, this role will shape the strategic roadmap for the digital business, be responsible for developing and managing the capabilities needed to support an open ecosystem, and help establish RDC’s presence and leadership in digital solutions through active participation in conferences and thought leadership.
You will provide strategic decision making, leadership and planning including the efficient and effective use of resources. You will achieve results through the leadership of managerial, professional and/or support staff in an agile project organization. You will delegate responsibilities to the assigned International Business Leaders and Solution Development Managers. You will have full budget accountability for assigned projects and initiatives. You will also be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Competencies and Mindset:
- Broad and deep understanding of the many facets required to design and develop digital healthcare products - ranging from user-centered design methodologies to product management to user acquisition and activation. An understanding of the nuances and differences between prototypes, POCs, pilots, MVPs, alpha, beta, etc - as well as essential technical considerations for managing product teams and/or partnering with internal/external design/build partners.
- Knowledge and experience having managed a technical digital health technology team of product managers, software engineers, digital data measurement specialists and additional digital health specialists.
- Multi-disciplinary experience in digital health earned through hands-on experiences directly leading and managing various aspects of digital health approaches (leading creation of B2B, B2G and B2B2C applications and validating the use of these applications) in a real world setting.
- Ability to lead and influence in a highly matrixed environment.
- Collaborative mindset - willing to listen, share, teach, and learn. Architect mindset that actively helps bridge between the RDC capabilities / processes to establish the necessarily different but interconnected elements relevant to the digital health / technology space.
- Execution oriented & strong drive for results: operates effectively in a fast-paced environment and delivers results while balancing multiple priorities. Able to drive to tangible and measurable progress and results.
- Understanding of entire range of competencies needed to design and deliver digital health solutions in a regulated environment including build v. buy decision criteria.
- Clear and demonstrated evidence of having previously delivered digital health strategies, built capabilities and teams and developed/delivered digital health solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguity and manage through change and through difficult relationships.
- Intentionally seek out and value diversity.
- Define and deliver strategic direction for Digital solutions to support RDC’s hardware business and explore growth opportunities with direct reimbursement for new digital solutions (remote monitoring or clinical decision support).
- Be accountable for P&L and business performant for the products within the Digital business.
- Lead a team of direct and/or indirect reports to deliver a portfolio of validated and commercialized digital solutions.
- Coordinate the Digital Business annual strategic planning and review process and other strategic processes including KPI setting and the development of strategic partnerships.
- Identify strategic opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success across a suite of products.
- Develop a pipeline of digital solution opportunities that can complement and enhance the impact of RDC.
- Build and execute on product and program roadmaps that show scalability and long-term alignment to the RDC BU strategy.
- Develop and manage an ecosystem of digital solution partners (e.g; academic and clinical collaborators, commercialization partners).
- Collaborate and engage with global regulatory bodies in partnership with RDC’s legal and regulatory teams.
- Motivate and develop team members, including but not limited to: performance management, talent management and career development.
- Develop a robust commercialization and reimbursement strategy in coordination with relevant RDC’s teams (e.g; market access, etc.).
Who you are:
You are entrepreneurial, strategic, flexible, and passionate to develop customer-centric solutions based on deep insights and unmet market needs. We are looking for strong organizational abilities as well as experience in executing complex projects. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels and to manage various key stakeholder groups. You have experience partnering with senior leadership teams and solid experience in leading projects in an agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Life Sciences
- 15+ years related digital and/or marketing experience
- 5 years Medical Diagnostic sales and/or marketing experience
- Track record of making strategic commercial decisions and aligning the organization behind them
- Proven track record in affiliate and/or global marketing leadership roles, vendor and partner management
- Excellent capability to lead, motivate and influence in matrix organizations, build strong networks to the regions, R&D, operations and other functional partners
- Strong strategic and leadership ability for a multifunctional environment
- Demonstrated leadership, including active listening, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to think strategically, independently, creatively, and purposefully while managing multiple global projects skill sets and respective deliverables
- Energetic to drive change and find solutions quickly and effectively, taking into account the impact to other teams cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, solution orientation, and ability to influence and inspire people
- Demonstrated thought leadership in digital health or behavioral science and marketing
- MBA or other advanced degree (design or engineering), or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience developing, launching, and commercializing software as a medical device (SaMD) products
- Additional consideration will be given to individuals who, in addition to the above, have regulated medical device or digital healthcare industry, or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical and/ or medical devices industries. Ideally experience in multiple functions and /or diabetes therapeutic area
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus; experience in solution development with agile methodology / design thinking
- Strong background on the health care consumer, provider and/or payer customer groups, ideally in the field of behavior change
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative approaches to solve challenging problems within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare/ medical device industry
Interested? Great. We’d like to hear from you! The compensation package for this position will match competitive market salaries for top executive positions in the respective hiring country. Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English and anything else that you think might impress us.