Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
You will work for a global leader in diabetes in a dynamic environment and complex market.
The DCS department of Roche Diabetes Care GmbH is responsible for medical expertise in the indication area of diabetes mellitus. Together with the business functions, we ensure that the solutions and products of Roche Diabetes Care deliver innovative and patient-centric added value.
Your upcoming mission:
As Medical Value Lead you can take on exciting and diverse tasks:
- You will work closely with Research & Development and Life Cycle Management and take responsibility for the medical contribution to the successful development and marketing of Roche Diabetes Care solutions and products
- By proactively identifying medical needs together with patients and customer-focused Roche Diabetes Care teams, you can demonstrate, quantify and communicate the medical value of your product portfolio
- You are responsible for the creation and agile leadership of cross-functional "Medical Core Teams", which address identified medical needs in the end-to-end process of the product life cycle. You will coordinate and delegate the work packages within Medical Affairs and bear the corresponding budget responsibility
- You assume the scientific study management and, if suitable, the role of a Principal Investigator. You are responsible for the study purpose meetings, lead the medical study team and are in close coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- The presentation of the medical contribution to the relevant stakeholders and the training of employees with medical knowledge round off your responsibilities
Essential skills for this mission:
- You have successfully completed your medical, pharmaceutical or scientific studies (M.D. Ph.D. PharmD, Master/Diplom)
- You have several years of experience in the medical/scientific or clinical development of diagnostics/pharmaceuticals. You have medical experience, especially in the field of diabetes and related areas, and are experienced in conducting clinical studies
- Ideally, you have gained experience in agile projects and teams, have mastered agile methods and use them in a targeted manner
- You know how to communicate successfully and exert influence on different hierarchical levels
- You are valued for your expertise in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You grasp things quickly, communicate effectively and solve challenges through your personal commitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Verbal and written communication in German is a plus
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A mature organization with lots of room for development and growth
- Startup spirit and attitude, combined with the power of a global market leader
- A great global network across DC, Dia and Pharma
- Learning opportunities such as leadership programs, self and community learning, internal and external training offerings
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, Roche Connect stock program, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less and bring true relief to the patient! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow - both professionally and personally.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 65k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.