A good night's sleep has many benefits for people with diabetes. You'll be more alert, have more energy, have less stress and you may find it easier to control your blood sugar.
7 Helpful tips for getting a good night's sleep
1. Relax before bedtime
2. Go to bed at the same time every day
3. No heavy meals, alcohol or caffeine right before bedtime
4. Limit all fluids 1 hour before bedtime
5. Make your room comfortable
6. Try relaxation techniques, reading or music
7. Remove distractions, especially tablets and smartphones that can interrupt sleep
Get a better night's sleep using these few simple methods outlined in this infographic.
Source: International Diabetes Foundation. About diabetes: prevention. Available at: https://www.idf.org/prevention. Accessed June 30, 2015.
Article originally published on Accu-Chek's Life with Diabetes Blog