Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for a DevOps Senior Engineer to help develop and oversee code releases and manage the infrastructure that's needed to support software development in our cloud environments. The DevOps Sr. Engineer will help provision the required resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct the testing protocol to validate release and monitor performance after release. Tasks may include preparing test data, analyzing results, troubleshooting problems, and communicating issues back to DevOps. We are committed to quality, dedicating time to code reviews, test coverage, quality days, and CI/CD principles. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
Your upcoming mission:
- Scope, design, and implement platform solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance.
- Provide DevOps guidance during the software development lifecycle (e.g. PoC, collaborate in feasibility studies, participate in technical spikes, etc.).
- Work with other teams in the DevOps team to ensure consistency and performance across environments and improve the process of getting code from local development to production
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for other engineers.
- Balance the need to “keep things running” with allocating time to long-term, high-impact projects
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Essential skills for this mission:
- Built and maintained Continuous Integration pipelines and systems using tools like Jenkins
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, and Docker Swarm
- Previous experience as an engineer on a product or infrastructure team
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Experience with languages such as Java, Groovy, Python, Go, etc
- Capable of managing stakeholders’ expectations and being flexible also for proactive and reactive communication
- Actively address internal and external risks, issues, and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Mobile CI/CD
- Experience with testing, test frameworks, test automation, and the work necessary to build and maintain tooling to make testing easier
- Knowledge and an eye on newer architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh, lambda programming
- Network knowledge of DNS, network topology, switches, routers
- Kubernetes ingress/egress, etc..
- Monitoring with Datadog
- Experience working in a distributed team, especially across international time zones
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We are ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products.
- We actively promote personal and career development so if you like writing blog posts and contributing to open source projects, or you are an active participant and/or speaker at conferences and meet-ups, we are here to support you.
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- Hybrid home office/on-site working model
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, lunch benefit, training, ...)
- Oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Who we are and what we care about:
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare professionals and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. Our mission is to support the optimization of therapy and enable better informed therapy decisions. We build and collaborate in an open ecosystem, connect devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points. Join us in our mission to make diabetes suck less and bring true relief to patients.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 54k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.