Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster — and that’s putting it mildly. If you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us!
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog, this little video and Roche code4life to see what makes mySugr and Roche tick.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Scrum Master who has a passion for agile product development and is able to drive it forward. Ultimately, our aim is for our teams to work effectively together and to achieve the best outcome.That is why we are looking for a good listener and observer with the ability to ask powerful open-ended questions. Someone who is open to new experiments and has a drive for continuous learning as well as understands the importance of self-improvement and self-reflection. You will need to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness and create transparency on scope, resources, timing and risks.
Your upcoming mission:
- Be responsible for coaching up to two teams and empower them to become self-organized, performant teams
- Help the teams to improve their ways of working, to be efficient, effective and to work at a sustainable pace
- Help the teams and the company to increase collaboration, predictability and transparency. For that, you ensure a continuous management of an active backlog, good practices in writing clear stories and calculate and communicate team velocity.
- Enable the teams to make quick and sustainable decisions
- Organize and facilitate productive and effective meetings, agile ceremonies & workshops such as sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives
- Guide the team in identifying, tracking, and managing risks
- Be proactive in maintaining the healthy atmosphere and well-being within the teams
- Promote a culture that embraces change and values experimentation and innovation
- Live a learning and open feedback culture. You mentor development team members on Scrum principles, best practices and technical and personal growth
- Share your knowledge and actively participate in Agile Coaches Community of Practice
Essential skills and expectations for your mission:
- Attained at least 3 years full-time experience as an Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- Experience with various methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interpersonal, problem solving skills, compelling storyboarding, presentation skills and influencing abilities
- The ability to recognize and aid the resolution of team conflicts and impediments
- Tact, diplomacy and cooperation skills
- An attentive and empathic nature
- You have a valid Austrian work permit
- Experience and certificate with SAFe
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum – including training, and participation in conferences, user groups, podcasts, etc.
- Experience on a Team of Teams level
- Experience in guiding and mentoring other Agile Coaches/Scrum Masters by sharing your expertise and helping them to grow
- Skills in German is an asset
- Technical Background: experience in working in Software Development
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and best practices
- Experience in pharmaceutical/ healthcare/ medical device industry and/or highly regulated environments
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Who we are and what we care about:
Here at mySugr and Roche Diabetes Care we are committed to providing a healthy, equal and inclusive working environment for our Monster Tamers to help them make diabetes suck less! We care about family friendly career paths, sustainability, a healthy lifestyle and the flexibility of a modern workplace. We maintain a culture of learning and sharing, as well as open and candid feedback. At every level, there are many opportunities to develop and grow at mySugr - both professionally and personally.
Being a global leader in integrated Personalised Diabetes Management (iPDM), Roche Diabetes Care collaborates with pioneers around the globe, including people with diabetes, caregivers, healthcare providers and payers. We aim to transform and advance care provision and foster sustainable care structures. Under the brands RocheDiabetes, Accu-Chek and mySugr, comprising glucose monitoring, insulin delivery systems and digital solutions, we unite with our partners to create patient-centred value. By building and collaborating in an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions as well as contextualising relevant data points, we enable deeper insights and a better understanding of diabetes, leading to personalised and effective therapy adjustments.
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 50k plus a variable bonus. We are fully prepared to adjust our actual offer to your skill set, skill level and previous relevant experience. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English… and anything else that you think might impress us.
Make sure to read our Privacy Notice for Applicants.