Enjoy more flexibility and control when you manage your diabetes with the mySugr app. Collect all your diabetes data in one place!
Adds every dose, so you don’t have to.
NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pen automatically tracks your insulin dose, time, date, and transfers them via NFC technology.
How to connect
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to connect your smart pen and import data from your NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pen into the mySugr app:
As a T1 of 19 years I'm not one for change, so I love having the control of my sugar levels manually but with the same chart stat's as a cgm. I love how this app makes me motivated to be on top of my sugars!! Best thing I've had in a long time."
Amy | October 2020 | Google Play (Android)
If you are an iOS user, you will be able to import insulin values (time and doses) from NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pen into your mySugr Logbook via NFC (Near Field Communication). NFC is the same trusted technology used to make contactless payments via a smart phone, and it allows you to transfer the data to the mySugr app. You can benefit by tracking insulin data in addition to other relevant contextualised diabetes data within one app. This includes blood glucose values, continuous glucose monitoring data, carbohydrates, activity data, or medication - aiming to provide you with a better overview of your important diabetes data.
Apple iPhone starting at iPhone 7, as this is the first generation of iPhones with NFC technology: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE (2nd generation). Newer Apple iPhones will work for the integration as well.
Follow these steps to connect your smart insulin pen to the mySugr Logbook:
1. Please open the mySugr Logbook, tap on Connections in the menu bar and select NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pen from the list.
2. Tap on the Connect button.
3. You will be informed that the mySugr Bolus Calculator will be unavailable after connecting the smart insulin pen.
4. In the next step you can optionally agree to the data sharing agreement. However, it’s mandatory to confirm that you have read the pharmacovigilance report.
5. Now, please follow the instructions shown in the mySugr Logbook (1. First press the Scan button 2. Place the digital display of your pen to the top side of your iPhone).
6. Next, please select the insulin you are using for the pen you are connecting at the moment.
7. Please confirm the insulin you have selected.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully connected the smart insulin pen.
Once the smart insulin pen(s) has been successfully connected, you can import data into the mySugr Logbook. This can be done as follows:
1. Please inject insulin with your connected NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pen as usual.
2. Once injected, click on the pen symbol on top of your mySugr Logbook home screen.
3. Please follow the instructions and place the digital display of your pen on the top side of your iPhone.
4. Your last injection will automatically appear in your mySugr Logbook. Please click on the plus symbol on top of your home screen if you want to add any additional information (e.g. notes, activity data or tags) to your entry.
5. If you have not imported an injection right away, simply scan your connected smart insulin pen. All prior, undocumented injections are imported automatically.
You can create comprehensive reports of your aggregated diabetes data in the mySugr Logbook from either the pre-defined time periods (2 weeks or 3 months) or a customized date range (mySugr PRO feature). You can share this report with healthcare professionals directly through the mySugr Logbook or print it for your next doctor’s appointment.
You can connect up to eight insulin pens (NovoPen® 6 and NovoPen Echo® Plus smart insulin pens).
The following insulin cartridges are approved for this integration: