At mySugr®, we want to make sure you have all the right tools to avoid stress and confusion when it comes to your diabetes management. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce the newest tool in your arsenal: The Accu-Chek Instant! A brand-new meter bringing you simple, clear information for confident decision making.1
What is Accu-Chek Instant?
The Accu-Chek Instant is a meter used to check your blood sugar levels at any time, with results in less than four seconds. The Accu-Chek Instant offers clarity in results so you can have confidence in your daily testing values.1
Make more informed therapy decisions with the help of the large, backlit, easy-to-read display, including a color-coded Target Range Indicator that gives you feedback at-a-glance, letting you know whether your number is high, low, or in range.²
How is Accu-Chek Instant different from my current meter?
The Accu-Chek Instant aims to make living with diabetes a little easier. Level-up your diabetes management with the help of these handy features:
- Time & date settings on the meter
- Memory retaining up to 720 glucose readings, including storage even during battery changes!
- 7, 14, 30, and 90-day averages automatically calculated and viewable from the meter display
- A Target Range Indicator that shows you whether you’re high, low, or in-range by using a simple three-color coded system:
o Blue results are above target range
o Green is within target range
o Red results fall below the target range
- A large backlit display to easily read BG results, messages, and any information stored in the memory
- Simple two-button navigation to power the meter on/off, adjust settings and scroll through results
- A Micro USB Port to easily transfer data from the meter to a computer and Bluetooth connectivity to give you even more freedom
- A guided strip port allowing for easy test strip insertion
- Test Strip Ejector allowing for simple disposal at the press of a button
- Child-safe battery door to protect the littlest loved-ones from accidents and extra secure battery door to help protect your device.
But wait, there’s more! New test strips!
Blood sugar testing just got a whole lot simpler thanks to the guided strip port. Touchable test strips have a protective coating for easier handling. The wide dosing area makes for smoother sample collection, and we’ll let you in on a little secret…the Accu-Chek Instant dosing area is larger than any other major brand of test strips!³ Simply place a drop anywhere on the easy-to-see yellow edge. The handy strip ejector button makes hygienic strip disposal a breeze! These super-duper test strips last up to 18 months after the production date (when stored correctly in a clean, dry container).
The best part? Connecting Accu-Chek Instant to your mySugr app unlocks all mySugr PRO features for FREE! With PRO unlocked, your available features will include:
● Smart search to help you recall past data
● Multi-BGM Syncing so you can store all your device reporting in one location
● Downloadable PDF & Excel Reports to share with your doctor & healthcare team
● Basal Rate for Insulin Pump Users
● Meal Photos & even more Tags to help you track your favorite meals
● Blood Sugar Reminders so you never forget
● A wider range of empowering Challenges to choose from. Helping you to achieve your goals and stay motivated
And of course, with mySugr PRO you still have access to all the Basic Features, including:
o Personalized Logging
o Estimated HbA1c
o CSV Reports
o Bolus Calculator (available in limited countries)
Connection brings simplicity
With your Accu-Chek Instant connected to mySugr PRO, you can say goodbye to paper logbooks and hello to stress-free health care checkups. Your Accu-Chek Instant allows you to check blood sugar levels anytime, anywhere and with the mySugr app you can track meal photos, tag activities, set reminders for blood sugar checks, and transmit all your information to your healthcare provider using the handy reports feature. No more guessing or scrambling to remember a date or blood sugar event!
Connection brings more freedom
Your Accu-Chek Instant will automatically import your diabetes data into mySugr via Bluetooth, so you’ll always feel ready to make informed therapy decisions. mySugr’s main dashboard also shows you a quick summary of all your diabetes data in one place, at a glance, so you can add some valuable time back to your day.
And did we ever mention that we’re mathematicians? The mySugr app provides you with access to the super-duper mySugr Bolus Calculator. Just enter your details, and the Bolus Calculator helps you calculate the right amount of insulin for correction or meals. It also calculates the right amount of carbs if you’re experiencing a low blood sugar. Wow! Let us do the math, so you don’t have to.
Simply clear. Simply there. All the time.
- Parkin CG et al. Use of an integrated tool for interpretation of blood glucose data improves correctness of glycemic risk assessment in individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes, Sci Technol. 2017, 11(1), 74–82, Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5375080/ [Accessed 15/03/2021]
- Diabetyk 24, 2021. Accu-Chek Instant Glucometer. [webpage] Available at: https://diabetic24.com/accu-chek-instant-glucometerhtml [Accessed 18/01/2021].
- Accu-Chek, 2019. Frequently Asked Questions. [webpage] Available at: https://www.accu-chekcac.com/en/meter-systems/instant/faq [Accessed 18/01/2021].
The mySugr website does not provide medical or legal advice. mySugr blog articles are not scientific articles, but intended for informational purposes only.
Medical or nutritional information on the mySugr website is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult a physician or health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.